The mammary prosthesis surgery is a resource to enhance, correct or restore breast volume,has a high degree of satisfaction and is one of the most requested by women.
Theimplant does not cause cancer, and does not prevent the clinical examination and radiological examination of the breasts. Once the prosthesis does notinterfere with the physiology of the breast, breast feeding remains normal inmost cases. The age for inclusion of the prosthesis is from 18 years, and thebreast tissue must be formed, requiring a medical evaluation.
What type of prosthesis should I use?
Generally women’s desire is for a larger volume, however must be respected physical characteristics of each age, height, chest size, skin type, previous stretchmarks, skin texture, scars, difference between the breasts , previous breast feeding, the desire of the patient, as this indicates the best model of the prosthesis to be used. The ideal size is what gives harmony to the body.
Currently there are several types of prostheses and various parts of the world, which vary in shape, size, material, price. The most modern prostheses have several coating layers, and use cohesive gel. In case of accident, even if the prosthesisis broken, the contents will not leak. The substance is inert within them, or not injurious to health because it does not react with other substances in the body.
Anesthesia may be local with sedation or general anesthesia.
Duration of surgery
Surgery may last between 1 and 3 hours.
The place of the scar?
Are 4 possible locations to place breast implants:
• Armpits: The scaris positioned in the axillary fold aspect getting disguised and withoutscarring the breasts. This scar is indicated for most patients, but need to doa medical evaluation before it is not suitable if you need to remove skincancer.
• Furrow: It is positioned in the breast crease, and can hide inside the bikini.
• Areola: Located on the brand of the areola (the lower portion).
• Scar Preview: Often the patient has previous scar breast that can be used for placement of the prosthesis.
Where to place the prosthesis?
There are 3 locations:
• Subgladular: below the breast
• Submuscular: below the muscle
• Subfacial: space between the two.
Must be evaluated bythe plastic surgeon indicating the best.
• Must meet allmedical guidelines.
• Do not raise yourarms for 10 to 15 days at least until medical evaluation;
• Do not tighten thebreasts;
• Do not make sudden movements and no force for 30 days;
• Do not expose yourself to the sun;
• Keep the applianceas directed;
• We recommend lymphatic drainage with skilled professional the next day after surgery.
- Facial plastic surgery
- Nose surgery
- Ear plastic surgery
- Breast Prosthesis
- Buttock plastic surgery
- Abdominal plastic surgery
- Liposuction plastic surgery
- Post weight loss plastic surgery
- Body contour plastic surgery
- Intimate plastic surgery
- Pectoral plastic surgery
- Gynecomastia plastic surgery
- Calf implants
- Hair transplant
- Breast Reduction
- Surgery of Thighs
- Brachioplasty - Arm Surgery