Known as eyelid surgery, is a plastic surgery procedure designed to correct sagging eyes, and bags over the eyes that give the appearance that the person is very sick or even lower eyelid that may also have excess skin and sagging and excess bags. The nuisance not only aesthetic, but also can disrupt the viewing. Even younger people, if they have a familial tendency may make it uncomfortable.
The indicated age depends on each case but it can be done in younger people present themselves these indications. Some cases occur by the presence of a particular defect to be corrected and usually from the age of 30.
Surgery as well as any other leave scars, but by having a very thin and is hidden in the creases of the skin.
• Attend to the surgical site (hospital, clinic) on schedule.
• Report any abnormalities that may occur to you, as to their general condition until the day before admission.
• Do not do makeup on the day of admission
• Bring sunglasses.
• In the event of being admitted to hospital the same day of the operation, come fasting for 8 hours without eating or drinking anything;
• Attend accompanied (a) for the admission and discharge.
Local anesthesia in some instances, or generally.
The surgery an incision is made to remove the excess skin and pouch. Usually there is no pain postoperatively. Even if there is a sensitivity, but is tolerable and can be removed with the use of medications specified by the physician.
In the first days after surgery the patient will be operated with the swollen region, the use of sunglasses is useful at this stage .. Only after the 3rd month can we say that the residual swelling is mild and may take up to 6 months.
• Compresses with cool water over the eyes may be useful to shorten the swelling and provide some comfort after surgery.
• Wear sunglasses when you expose yourself to natural light and wind.
• Avoid sun, wind and cold for 8 days.
• Obey the prescription.
• Back to the office for review and healing in the days stipulated.
• Do not traumatize or "scratching" eyes.
• It may be necessary to use ophthalmic eye drops or creams prescribed by your doctor
• Bedside high will help decrease swelling.
Depending on their postoperative course, you can return to some activities after 3 to 4 days.
- Facial plastic surgery
- Nose surgery
- Ear plastic surgery
- Breast Prosthesis
- Buttock plastic surgery
- Abdominal plastic surgery
- Liposuction plastic surgery
- Post weight loss plastic surgery
- Body contour plastic surgery
- Intimate plastic surgery
- Pectoral plastic surgery
- Gynecomastia plastic surgery
- Calf implants
- Hair transplant
- Breast Reduction
- Surgery of Thighs
- Brachioplasty - Arm Surgery